Thursday, May 21, 2009

SMILE AND WAVE, BOYS!

Kids say the funniest things and my grandkids are no exception... actually, I think they say the very funniest of things. I had put this on my old blog on Monday but thought I'd add it here and give folks a few laughs.

Sammy is walking around the kitchen and family room - around and around in a circle - with no apparent purpose. Moppy: "Sammy, what are you doing?" Sammy: "Taking my head for a walk!" His mom told him not to ever go for a walk without it and he said "OK!"

Lizzie is finishing her dinner and says, "Masha is scared. Masha is a little bit scared." Why? "I don't know. Masha is a little bit scared." No idea where that came from. Malikas, why are you scared?

Sammy comes in with 2 little penguins. He walks over to me and shows the penguins to me... and then says "Just smile and wave, boys. Just smile and wave." Yep, we watched Madagascar last week.

A Lizzie story from a few weeks ago. Jenny tells her she can go shopping after dinner. As soon as the food is ready she climbs onto her chair and and eats very fast. Jenny says, "Lizzie, you must be so hungry. Do you want some more to eat?" Lizzie: "No, Mommy, I want to go shopping!" Watch out, Jason!!

On the phone with Masha, it's about 11:30 p.m. her time. The sun is still shining here and we haven't even had dinner yet. Sammy and I are on the phone with her. She tells us she's going to bed. Sammy wants to know why she's always going to bed... then calls her a "kaban!" He doesn't quite understand the time difference so it makes no sense to him that she goes to bed while the sun is shining.

2 comments:

Cupcake Mama said...

What's a kaban?

Moppy said...

you probably don't want to know :-) I'll give you a hint - it's an animal!