Tuesday, May 26, 2009

GOOD FRIENDS, GOOD FOOD

Painkillers are taking over so it's off to bed shortly. It's been a good day.

Two friends from church, Ginny and Susan, brought lunch today from Pastries of Denmark. I ate the salmon salad. Yummy! We had fun talking about our grandkids.

I spent the morning working on Sunday's KidZone Worship. I'm not sure yet if I'll make it but it's all worked out and assignments have been made in case I don't. Thank you Lord, for friends who have so willingly helped with chuch responsibilities.

Congratulations to the Feelers on the birth of their second child - Luke Douglas!!

Charlie went out and bought ice cream from Silky's. Chocolate almond concrete... my very favorite... so smooth... so creamy... so delicious. While he did that, I contined to root the Cardinals to another victory. Cards are in first place. Great pitching... and a homerun by Adam Wainwright. I can't wait to go to my first game of the season soon... a Mother's Day gift from Christopher.

Completed reading "Playing for Pizza" by John Grisham... prefer his legal thrillers but it was a pleasant read. I've read 2 fiction books this past week so now it's on to more serious material.

Pray for Sara as she enters her last week in Nigeria. She's anxious to be home... she's sad to be leaving her home of the past 2 1/2 years. Also pray for Masha as she studies for finals that start next week.

Sara: 7 days, 17 hours, 18 monutes...
VBS: 18 days, 18 hours, 50 minutes...
Masha: 22 days, 16 hours, 52 minutes...

No comments: