Friday, July 31, 2009

TWIML

This Week In Moppy's Life - TWIML - The only problem with doing this is I'll probably forget most of my week. Sometimes things just seem to come together in a blur by Friday evening. I'm going to "steal" the format of a new friend at church who "stole" it from someone else. We'll see how it works.

Sitting: on my bed with my laptop - it's become one of my favorite places to hang out.

Waiting: for my baby boy - all 6'4" of him - to come home for a visit from Springfield. I'm not sure how much we'll see of him because he's bringing a couple of friends but it'll be nice to have him around for a couple of days.

Glad: that I had a productive week. Had a lot of planning to do and feel pretty good about things. Felt God's guidance as we began to prepare for the Fall.

Needing: more exercise but it's painful to do. My cardiologist told me today that I need to stay active so we'll know if the heart is acting up. He said just walking is fine... but that hurts my hips. I guess I'll dose up on painkillers and give it a try.

Reading: The Guardian by Dee Henderson. Sara got hooked on them in Nigeria so I'm borrowing her series. This is book 2.

Also reading: Two Views on Women's Ministry and that read is going to take forever!!

Reading on hold: Two other books I've glanced at and need to start on... one for MOPS - Life on Planet Mom and a class I'd like to teach from the book, 5 Conversations You Must Have With Your Daughter.

Avoiding: filing... I hate it but the stack is blocking pictures that I like to look at in my office.

Enjoyed: going to the Cardinal game with Sara on Thursday night even though we lost. I've missed her the last 2 1/2 years - probably more than she realizes.

Preparing: for lots of things... Fall Kick-Off, new Awana year, new Sunday School year, Upward Basketball. Met with Cheryl on Monday about the Fall Kick-Off. It's a great theme this year - Strong Tower - as the kids learn about the names of God this year. I need to do a better job of incorporating that into Awana. Monday evening was spent with my Upward Basketball commissioners. They are THE best bunch of guys. Now granted I don't know every church's commissioners but I can guarantee you that we have the finest ever. They are committed and fun and faithful and fun and responsible and fun and encouraging and fun. Did I mention how much fun they are when we meet? :-)

Drinking: diet Pepsi

Snacking: on nothing at the moment but thinking about some fresh cherries when I finish this.

Trying: to lose some weight... seems like an impossible task... and uphill battle... on meds that make it difficult... age makes it difficult... lack of exercise makes it almost impossible.

Ending: with an old age reminder from Sara. This morning I was drying my hair. The dryer started cutting in and out and then it sparked and burnt my hand. When I got home from work this afternoon, I was telling Sara about it. She asked, "Was it the red one?" I told her that it was. She said, "That's the only hair dryer I ever remember you having. It must be old." Thank you, Sara!!! I had no qualms about throwing it in the trash.

Thanks, Rebekah... this format was fun!

No comments: