Friday, August 07, 2009

TWIML - #2

I should be more creative but it's not gonna happen tonight so anyone who reads this is stuck with the same format. And my sister, Brenda, likes it.... so there!!!! Here's my week in review...

Sitting: on my bed with my laptop... if I'm not at work, it's usually where I am if I'm typing or surfing.

Waiting: for sleep to come. I had a late afternoon nap and I don't think it's going to come anytime soon... but the nap was so nice.

Glad: for a good week at work and a great weekend. Sammy and Lizzie were here on Saturday and then again on Sunday because their daddy "stole" Poppy's phone and had to return it. And then I also got to have lunch with them (and their parents and Aunt Sara) on Tuesday. As we were going into the restaurant, Lizzie asks me if I like her "bootiful dress". I tell her I think it is absolutely beautiful and she tells me what color it is... I guess in case I'm not sure of my colors. And then she says, "I can dance in my dress." This little girl is obssessed with dancing. I see dance recitals in our future... something very new for our family.


Needing: teachers for Sunday School... kindergarten is the first priority.

Reading: same as last week - not much extra reading time this week.

Avoiding: laundry but one of my dresser drawers tells me I'd better not avoid it much longer.

Enjoyed: going to see Harry Potter with Sara. I think it was the best one yet. Also enjoyed going to Bass Pro tonight with Charlie to get some fishing supplies for Malikas. Cheryl prepared a delicious meal for her Children's Choir workers and I had the privilege of joining them. Yummy!!

Preparing: for the same as last week - Fall Kick-Off, new Awana year, new Sunday School year. Kris and I had a good meeting this morning and we have the Awana year calendared and made some registration changes for the Kick-Off. Hopefully, it will speed up registration and have shorter lines.

Drinking: diet Coke

Snacking: on nothing... late Mexican dinner and no need for a snack tonight.

Trying: to understand about my dad's diagnosis of SCA - spinocerebellar atrophy syndrome.

Ending: with a smile on my face because Sara turned down a job this week that would have taken her away again for a while... just not ready for that. I know the day will come but I'm glad it's a little further down the road.

No comments: