Monday, August 31, 2009

ZOOOOOM!

Where does the time ago? How is it possible that it's been over a week since I last blogged? There were some highlights... lunch with friends and their little ones at Chick-fil-a; dinner with KidZone peeps (some of the best assistants ever); a trip to the Fox with Sara to see Mary Poppins; a visit from my sister, Brenda and her daughter and her son's son; and hearing Sara share about Nigeria.

If you've never been to the Fabulous Fox Theater, you MUST go. It is so incredibly beautiful. We've seen some great shows there. Last week Sara and I went to see Mary Poppins and it was fabulous!! (No pun intended!) It was a "practically perfect" way to spend the afternoon. We enjoyed it "in a most delightful way". As a matter of fact, it was "supercalifragilisticexpialadocious". I'm considering adopting Mary Poppins' philosophy: "Let's make one thing perfectly clear. I don't explain anything."

My sister, Brenda - she's #2 out of 4... I'm #1... her daughter, Laura Beth who is 6 months younger than Chris... and my great-nephew, Dominic came for a visit. It was actually Sara speaking on Sunday night that got them here but that's OK. We had a wonderful time at the Arch and at Grant's Farm. Dominic thinks the Arch belongs to me. :-) I wish... It all started last Thanksgiving when the wallpaper for my phone was the St. Louis skyline and he began to identify the Arch with me. The first time he saw it in person, he said, "Wow! Aunt Becky's BIG Arch!"


Our next stop was Grant's Farm... which is always a fun day! Train rides, goats, elephant show, parrots, carousel rides, huge tortoises, etc. It was a beautiful day to be outside and a great girl's day out + Dominic - our entertainment for the day!!





On Sunday evening, Sara spoke about her 2 1/2 years in Nigeria - bush trips, strange food, head wraps, malaria, and so much more. Check her or my page on Facebook and see the video she put together of the beautiful faces of Nigeria. Here's a picture of Sara with one of our Nigerian church members, Shola...
The rest of this week.. and next... is gonna be crazy! Stay tuned...

No comments: