Monday, August 10, 2009

A FUN ENDING TO A BUSY DAY

The storm woke me up at about 3:20 a.m. today. I really don't think it was much of a storm so why did it wake me up? I was really not a happy camper until I realized that it was about time for Masha to be boarding a plane to London so I figured I was supposed to pray for her so I did. And that was OK. What wasn't OK is that I was still awake at 6 a.m. and really needing some sleep. I finally went back to sleep and was awakened by Sara at 9 a.m., wondering why I was home. It was a quick shower, a quick breakfast and a quick drive to church. And that made it hard to get a good start to my day. However, I finally settled in and had a productive and busy day preparing the Kick-Off packet. And then in the afternoon I got an email from one of my Preschool Sunday School teachers. She had done what I had asked - contacted a guest who had a child that would be in her class. The mom was grateful for the "touch" from a PBC teacher and indicated they liked what they saw and heard at PBC - after visiting 7 churches in the area. Now that would make any lousy day a good one!!

And the evening got even better. Charlie and I had a nice drive around Busch Wildlife, seeing lots of deer and enjoying the outdoors.


Sara left today to visit grandparents in Mississippi. Many of you will remember the car accident my nephew was in a couple of years ago. He has severe brain damage... is in an extended care facility in Tennessee near where my sister lives... and has made little progress since the accident. Sara will be seeing him for the first time when she goes there on Tuesday with my mom and dad. She and Marc are the same age. Pray for her as she sees him for the first time. Pray that Marc will respond in some way to let her know that he knows she is there.

Those of you who know our youngest, Chris, knows that he has quite a sense of humor - a rather odd sense of humor at times. :-) I read his status on Facebook tonight and had a chuckle. "worked on a truck today that had a camoflauge garter hangin from the rearview mirror, the ozarks are awesome"... yep, that's my Christopher!

No comments: