Monday, March 08, 2010

FIRST LEG COMPLETE

...but then it was only a very short one... STL to ORD. Now I wait, patiently, for the next, much longer leg...

As I sat in my AA seat in STL, I had to chuckle at the small Asian man standing in the aisle. He was obviously quite perturbed that someone had "smashed" his backpack by putting a larger one next to his and he couldn't get it out. The flight attendant explained that they were not to remove another person's bag... actually 3 attendants told him that as he continued to complain about his bag being "smashed". The little man was persistant and preceded to walk the aisle looking for the "guilty" party. He found the person who insisted his bag was just fine and didn't move. After more complaining, it was suggested that he sit down so we could take off. He said "no, I don't want my bag smashed." Finally a male attendant removed the carry-on that was "guilty" of "smashing" the backpack. He handed the small backpack to the Asian who then said, "No, I don't want it... put it back but don't put back the big one." The attendant explained that his backpack would fit very nicely under the seat (and there was no one sitting next to him). The Asian man said, "No, I want it up there and I don't want it smashed." I'm pretty sure I heard the attendant mumbling on his way to find an empty spot for the suitcase. And that began the first leg of my journey.

I checked out the AA magazine to see what movies would be playing the way across the ocean... and I'm not at all happy with what I found out... "Where the Wild Things Are" - saw it with Sara, didn't like it, no desire to see it again; or "Star Trek VI" - never been a Star Trek fan and don't plan to start now. So I'm seeing sleep, books and the iPod in my near future.

Of course, no post would be complete without pictures of those beautiful grandchildren. Sammy is obviously quite taken with his new baby sister even if he did want a brother.



No comments: