Friday, February 26, 2010

SO PRECIOUS...

Precious is not a word I use very often... takes something really special and really sweet for me to call it/him/her precious... but I'm not sure there's another word to use for this picture of our granddaughter. Looking up the word precious you'll find... of great value; dear; beloved; darling... and there is no better way to describe this newest bundle in our lives. Eleanor (Nora) Grace Wescoat was born Wednesday, February 24 at 2:03 pm, weighing 9 lbs. 2 oz, 21 inches long. She came a week early but with that weight, it's probably a good thing for mom. Her big sister, Lizzie, jumped up and down with her hands in the air when she heard it was a girl. She also gave her a name before Mom & Dad did... Pinkalicious! My nephew, Kurt, was glad to hear later that it was Nora. He thought a 4-letter name would be easier if she had to learn to spell her name before getting out of kindergarten. :-) Sammy, her big brother, said "I wanted a boy" but as soon as he saw her he said, "She's so cute!" And he says it's OK that he has another little sister. Jason and Jenny are just the best parents. And how these young moms do it all, I have no idea. As we get older we forget what it's like to have preschoolers underfoot 24/7. It sure was an easier job 22 years ago... and as Jason reminded me, I had him to help out. (He's 7 years older than Sara.) So after having Sammy & Lizzie for 3 days, I'm exhausted. I took a long nap this afternoon after they left and could probably use another one. :-)

If you enjoy reading blogs, try Rebekah's "Sweet Tea with Lemon" (sweet-teawithlemon.blogspot.com). She will make you smile, laugh, cry and think.

TWIML (This Week in Moppy's Life)...

Sitting: on my bed, especially since I may need another nap at any moment. :-)

Waiting: for Charlie to get home from work... dinner at Gulf Shores Seafood Grill tonight.

Glad: for a brand new granddaughter. (One of these days, I'll share the whole being a grandma story.)

Needing: time this week to be sure I stay caught up since I leave for vacation on March 8. Woo-hoo!!!!

Reading: "Crazy Love" and doing a study guide with Keith. Also reading "In the Secret Place" and will finish "Truth Seeker" on my trip. I will; I will; I will. I just don't have enough time to read fiction anymore.

Avoiding: cleaning Masha's room. Sammy & Lizzie were in there the past 3 days and Kayla will be staying there on Wednesday (I think. I'd better get in touch with her and find out if she's staying.)

Enjoyed: holding Nora... watching Sammy & Lizzie respond to her...

Preparing: for a trip to the Isle of Man... won't come soon enough.

Drinking: a diet Coke.

Snacking: don't do much of that these days... "enjoying" a low carb diet.

Trying: to be sure everything is ready for our annual Upward Awards Night.

Ending: the Upward season on Saturday with games and Sunday with the Awards celebration.

And as I finish this blog post, remember these thoughts from Rick Warren:

"The Bible says that Jesus was full of grace and truth. Truth is not a principle. Truth is a person; truth is Jesus Christ.

One of the clearest and best-known statements by Jesus is: "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." (John 14:6, NLT)

Notice Jesus says, "I am the truth ...." He doesn't say truth is a religion, or a ritual, or a set of rules and regulations. He says "I." Truth is a person."

No comments: