Tuesday, June 09, 2009

36 YEARS?!?!?

I'm waking up this morning to the realization that I've been married for 36 years. Wow!! I'm sure to many that seems like forever. And some days it seems that way to me, too. Charlie and I first met in Freeburg, Illinois when I was in mid-way through the 7th grade. My family had moved there from Quebec, Canada (and rumors immediately began that I was fluent in French but that's another story). We "dated" off and on for the 2 years that I lived there. Then my family moved again. However, we hooked back up when I returned to the states for college... and the rest is history. (Yes, I've cut the story short. There is a lot more juicy parts. Maybe another day.) Three precious children by birth... one special (and late) one by choice... the loveliest of daughters-in-law... and THE two cutest grandkids this world has ever seen makes for a wonderful 36 years! It's not been the easiest - we've certainly had our woes but Charlie has always been there during those times... telling me it's going to be OK... praying for us... hugging me... assuring me. He can drive me nuts - what husband doesn't at times. But I'll keep him around... maybe for 36 more!!

1 comment:

Cupcake Mama said...

Happy Anniversary! I have been told that if you are feeling really gluttonous, one can manage both Zia's and Ted Drewe's in a single anniversary evening!!