Saturday, September 12, 2009

TWIML #5 (This Week in Moppy's Life)

Sitting: on my bed... late on a Saturday night and thinking about the week behind and the week ahead.

Waiting: for Malikas to arrive on Friday night. Hope this week goes by really fast.

Glad: for a beautiful day... went to Busch Wildlife with Charlie and had a picnic and then he shot his bow as it's almost bow season for deer. Seems as though he's a really good shot even though he had to switch to his left hand because of his eye. Glad: that my broken tooth only needed a minor repair with putty-like stuff and not a crown.

Needing: to get a lot done this week since I'm going on vacation next week. My office looks like a tornado came through but it usually does at the busiest of times.

Reading: same-o, same-o... wish I had more time to just sit and read.

Avoiding: I don't know... I don't think I'm avoiding anything at the moment. Well, maybe I'm avoiding doing a couple of bulletin boards that need some creativity. I think I should "hire" Marqie... hers always look so cool.

Enjoyed: a busy, crazy week... first night of Awana was Wednesday... had approximately 184 kids and leaders... so cool! Enjoyed: reading Calen's new blog. She's Chris' girlfriend and is studying in Egypt this year.

Preparing: for 2 meetings on Sunday afternoon - Children's Ministry Team and a Safety & Security Parent's Meeting. Also preparing for KidZone Worship lessons through the first Sunday of October.

Drinking: nothing
Snacking: on nothing... getting too late.

Trying: not to miss Sara too badly. She's in North Carolina catching up with her teammates from Nigeria, then on to Parkwood Baptist to speak at their Global Impact Conference.

Ending: with a list of things to be done this week but thankful for a team and an assistant that helps me. God is indeed good!!

Misc. stuff: Went to Chick-fil-a on Thursday to help support the BJC Hospice program. We have a family at church whose youngest son was part of the program before he died. His big brother, Jake, headed up the fundraiser at the Chick-fil-a in Chesterfield Valley. I hope it went well for him.

We spent Friday evening with Sammy and Lizzie while Jason and Jenny went to a wake. As you can see in the pictures at the beginning we had fun!!! Here are a couple of funny stories:

The kids are eating M&M cookies before going to bed...
Sammy: I like cookies.
Lizzie: Me, too.
Sammy: but fruit and vegetables are better for you.
Lizzie: I like cookies.
Moppy: what is your favorite fruit?
Sammy: Hmmmmm…
Moppy: do you like bananas?
Sammy: No, I’m not a fan of bananas.
Lizzie: I like chocolate chips.
Moppy: I didn’t know chocolate chips were a fruit.
Lizzie: They are. I’m a fan of chocolate chips.

The kids like putting on Poppy's glasses. They know he puts them on to read or look at something up close. Here's a funny Lizzie story...
Lizzie: Moppy, do you want me to take your shoes off?
Moppy: Sure, that’ll be OK. (So she begins to untie my shoes but one of them ends up in a knot and she’s not able to get it untied.)
Lizzie: Poppy, I need your glasses so I can see better to take off Moppy’s shoes. :-)
Cardinals have lost 2 in a row to the Braves... shouldn't have happened. Hopefully, we can win at least one game of the series on Sunday. Mizzou Tigers pulled one out... a game that should not have been a problem for them.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, bulletin boards are the worst! I always had my students come up with ideas and decorate them.