Monday, January 18, 2010

AT HOME

This is probably going to get me in trouble but I'll use this means to "think out loud". I'm home today... church office is closed because it's Martin Luther King Day. I've always wondered why we get today off. Don't get me wrong... I'm not prejudiced and he did a lot of good things for equality but why MLK and not President's Day. George Washington and Abraham Lincoln certainly had HUGE impacts on our country. And what about Veteran's Day... shouldn't we pause to thank our veterans and maybe get that day off? There may be others... and I know we can't take them all off but it just doesn't add up in my mind. Why this one over others?

OK, I've said it... now I'll try to do something productive on my day off. BTW, this is MY opninion. It has nothing to do with PBC or those who make the decision of when we get off and when we don't. I am grateful to PBC for their generosity regarding our holiday time... conference time... and vacation time.

And so you'll smile when you finish reading this, here's a Sammy quote: Jenny (his mom) was hugging him good night and he said, "Well, that's all the love I have until tomorrow, Mommy." :-)

No comments: