Friday, November 20, 2009

LOVE BEING MOPPY

We had our first Grandparent's Night at Sammy's preschool on Thursday. Of course we had to share him with Jenny's parents - Grandma and Grandpa - but that was OK. Sammy came in with his new jeans and a big boy button-down oxford shirt and his hair slicked over. He was very handsome. A video was shown at the beginning and to be very honest, it was really poorly done. It certainly made me thankful for our WET (Worship Enhancement Team) at Parkway. Also it was a bit long - 20-25 mintues - for a preschool presentation. Then the kids got up on the stage to sing... and some of them needed some discipline that they obviously had never received. I kept thinking about Marqie at our preschool. She would have banged some heads together. However, Sammy sang his songs... did his motions... and did everything else he was told. And I'm not being biased because later when we met his teacher she told us how well-behaved he always is and how he listens and obeys and is such a huge delight. :-) Of course we already knew all those things but it's nice to hear from someone else. Sammy drew pictures of us and told his teacher things to write about us and we got bring them home. After cookies and juice we all headed for home.







This morning was one of those MOPS lesson days when you aren't sure how things are going to go. Our lesson title: My Family Tree is Suddenly a Forest. I know that's the way I felt when I got married... I'm the oldest and was the first of my siblings to get married. I only had 3 first cousins and 1 aunt and 1 uncle. Charlie, on the other hand, had 5 older sisters who were married (or had been) and 2 younger sisters, one of which was married. He had lots of aunts and uncles and tons of cousins. He probably didn't even know some of them. So our conversation today was about extended family and that always leads to in-laws and that often leads to trouble. I talked individually with each DGL about keeping it positive. I told the group as a whole that we weren't there to bash in-laws. I prayed that God would lead us to encouraging words and that healing would come, if necessary. And the morning went very well. Thank you, Jesus!!

Saturday morning will be our 2nd annual Blessing Brunch for our Sunday School teachers. It's my simple way of saying "thank you" to a wonderful group of men and women who are faithful every Sunday to teach our young ones. A couple of parents have sent words of encouragements about the teachers that I get to share with them. We don't talk about curriculum or discipline or training... we enjoy a delicious brunch, get to know one another a little better and share the blessings of sharing with children about God's love.

No comments: