Tuesday, October 13, 2009

EVALS... 2 down, at least 2 to go

Two evenings of Upward Evaluations are in the books... and we have Thursday and Saturday still to go with the possibility of another day or two if needed. Numbers are running about the same as last year - would prefer to see even more so if you know anyone who wants to play some fun basketball this year, have them contact me or the church. Both nights we've had kids showing up before the "official" start time of 6 pm. I think they must be excited. I know I am. I love Upward basketball and all that it brings... well, almost all!! I've got a superb group of commissioners who make my job as League Director so much easier. God has provided great servants for our Upward program.

Lunch was special today... fun with Sammy and Lizzie and their parents at Friday's.
This is Bosses Week and it's already been a good one. However, I understand that more is in store from our ministry assistants so details will have to wait.

Listening to the rain... and tired of hearing it. And I'm wondering if we're going to really have a fall. It was so cold today!

I'm looking forward to Sara coming home on Saturday. I'm sure she's had a rough week but I'm so proud of her for wanting to minister to a family in Tulsa.

For those who don't know, Chris' girlfriend is studying abroad - in Egypt. I enjoyed reading her blog today. It's a good way to get to know her better. Looking forward to seeing her over the holidays.

Plans are coming together for our annual Fall Festival. Don't miss it! Saturday, October 31, 6 pm.

No comments: